My Little Spot

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Laughing about the past....

Ok I will admit that I use to be one of these youngsters. Now that I am an adult I can actually sit back and laugh about of the stuff that I have done in my past. You know like when your in grade school hanging out with the big dawgs if you know what I mean. Skipping school or how I we use to say ditch school, run from school police as they rade the ditching parties LOL. Or hanging with that one group of people that just didn't give a shit, always fitting didn't matter about what it was you were fighting about all that mattered was that you beat the bitches ass. Yes I was a fighter til this day that is what my husband tells people he is the lover and that I'm the fighter. I just see it this way I've been put through some shit in my past that now I really keep shit real you know.

Let's remember the ditching parties, o' yes when you were at someone's house chilln while the parents were working. It would be off the hook until one of the nosy ass neighbors called the school police, then it was run like hell or get a ticket. You know at these parties it was all about drinking wine coolerPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting lol or booneys, smokin, and just chillin then back to school before 3 so that if your parents picked you up you can walk out the front gates.

Next let's keep it gangster I grew up in Highland Park just like any other hood you had to know how to fight. I'm not talking about a bitch slapping contest, I'm talking about pulling your hair back in a very tight braid taking your earrings off, wearing sweats and a t-shirt and getting down. Yeah straight "Mi Vida Loca" Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting hey we had to do what we had to do if someone got out of line. I grew up in a family that if you were going to get in a fight you better have won the fight or when you got home you were gonna get a beating.


Ok now lets talk about acrylic nails and I will admit I use to get my nails curved but you know back in the day everyone had them curved and French tip with the "V" painted on them don't for get the Free charm don't get it twisted! (you know you got the charm!!! your boyfriends initials)


Ok since I'm only 25 I know you are all thinking what the hell does she know, but I'm telling you about "My Past".

The music that I was around was of course oldies and on Power 106 when the Baker Boys were on and Boys II Men was #1 along with MC HammerPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting. Don't forget the MC Hammer Taco Bell commercials LOL!!

The shoes that were in back then were BK's, Chuck Taylors, Nike Cortez,Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting can't forget about Vans.

So what are the things that you grew up with???

4 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger P said…

    First, bitches!

    One. . .

    Yes, I remember the Bartles and Jaymes coolers. Boyyyeee! You knew that it was on and cracking when someone had those at a ditch party. . .

    Or at least that's what they tell me, I didn't ditch at all, right? RIGHT! (HAHA)

    As for Hammer, Hammer was the man. I consider him the forerunner to a lot of rappers today. Back then, Hammer (or MC hammer, as he was called) was very, very, glamorous. He had endorsements, commercials, dolls a clothing line, and was an entertainer to the nth degree. Unfortunately, he was in the era of the gangsta rappers, who thought that his crossover appeal was considered not rapping, and being a 'sellout'.

    But now, that's what rappers do, and it is very much acceptable now. It shows them as being entrepreneurs. Too bad they don't give the props to Hammer.

    And as for the Baka Boyz, what you know bout them.

    Chile, I was a teenager when Power 106 Came out in 86.

    Jay Thomas, the actor, used to be the host.

    Then it was the Baker Boyz - "It's the Baka, Baka Boyz in the Morning. . .IN THE MORNING"

    Then Big Boyyeee!

    That's some history for ya.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Let said…

    @ P- I know who Jay Thomas was and yeah I remember him being on there to, back in the day my mom use to listen to power when they use to play "2 of Hearts". Yep that was the shit!

    I agree though they should give Hammer props...yep yep!

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger P said…

    Okay, Okay.

    Imma go on ahead and give shorty the props for knowing who Jay Thomas is. . .

    HAHA @ Two of Hearts (Two Hearts that Beat as onnneee!)

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger CW said…

    I didn't drink or party until freshman year of college.

    i went to an all boys catholic high school and had to study and play sporta a lot. I had not time to party!

    Music I remember back from the eighties that we listened to though is all that New Wave stuff- Duran Duran, the Cure, Depeche Mode, and of course U2.

    The big thing when I was in college was drinking lots of vodka and doing all kinds of shots and bong hits.

    Good times.

    Yeah, Hammer was big back then too. "HAMMERTIME". Oh and let's not forget the tv shows- "the Cosby Show" was big and so was MTV, at least it was on the East Coast. Remember they had that rap show, "YO! MTV RAPS!"

    Yikes I remember Doug E. Fresh and the Get FResh CRew, the Fat BOYS and RUN D.M.C. and L.L. Cool J., them and the Real Roxanne and WHodini. That was the stuff playing in Boston anyways.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home