My Little Spot

Friday, May 12, 2006

The Crazy Shit I have to hear!

Ok I work in the Staffing department of a very well known cell phone provider we are partners with the HR department. I call candidates to set them up on interviews, I just wanted to share some of the shit I have to listen to every day...P knows what's up! And some of the emails I have to send shit to they are just wrong, for those of you that have a funky ass email address please make sure that you have a professional email address as well...thank you very much!

This morning I call this fool to hook him up with an interview tell me he doesn't have me on the phone waiting for him to get his slow ass computer started so that he can confirm that he got the email. So as we sit and wait he asks:

So when does my 401k kick in?

I was like what?

He was like yeah my 401k when does it kick in?

I was like well you have to worry about getting hired before you think about having a 401k! (as I slowly roll my eyes)

His next stupid ass question is: So do you guys make us take drug test and do you run a background check?

As I slowly looked at the phone I was like YEAH!!! That is the process...Note to self this fool ain't gonna be hired nor will he have a 401k.

So then he is like I will call you back in about 5 minutes so that I can tell you if I got your email.

I was like Yeah um ok! Haven't heard back from the fool!



Next person I call P was all over this one her name was Viveca, so as I talked to this person who is half asleep may I add P is sitting at her desk talking about O' I liked that movie you did Viveca. So this call got worst cause at this point I didn't know if I was gonna bust out laughing or what, Thanks P!

Here goes the cherry on top!

Hi can I speak to _________ we are interested in interviewing with you.

Tell me this bitch was like how did you get my number.

I was like you applied for a job isn't that correct?

She was like I think so, what location is this for?

As I roll my eyes, I was like are you for real???? Then I told her you applied for this job at this location are you STILL interested??? (At this point I was like say no cause I don't even want to see your dum ass!)

I know I mentioned email address some people have some WHACK email address not intended for business..let me share some with you:

myballs4u@____.com

openwide6969@____.com

pulmaehair@____.com

bobbydoesITwell@___.com


What is the Crazy shit you have to listen to???

1 Comments:

  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger P said…

    Y'all.

    She is NOT joking. For real. Some of the things that we hear in HR are unbelievable. I mean to the point of like: Yeah, you MUST have rode the little yellow bus when you were in school, because no one in their right, nervous, or even halfway sane mind would do some of those things.

    You do NOT ask about 401 K when you have not been hired yet.

    I have had people ask about disability and workers compensation well before they have been here a week.

    How scary is THAT?!?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home