My Little Spot

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Cinco De Mayo

This is the one year mark of my favorite aunt Lucy's death. I miss her so much because of her I became a cosmetologist, because of her I wanted to make wonderful cakes because of her I knew how much I love my mom. See my aunt was a very special woman not only because she was my aunt but because she cared about everyone. She would turn people into friends in a heart beat and she was known for her special parties. She didn't have a problem with telling you what you did wrong, o'no not my aunt. My aunt had some issue, shit who doesn't right. Well hold on because I'm about to let you know a lil something about my aunt.

My aunt was a single parent of one lil evil bitch. (Explain that in a bit...as I roll my eyes) As we grew up I saw how much my aunt catered to her daughter, she use to work very hard to have enough money to put her in beauty pageants and shit like that. My aunt and her daughter had what you called a LOVE/HATE relationship. As the years pasted I started hating my cousin more and more. And as the years passed my aunt and cousin continued to live this crazy ass life, I mean crazy! They use to get in big fights and I remember once my cousin threw one of her trophy's at my aunt. They always lived with eachother, my cousin has Lupas you would think that she would change but nope!

My aunt became very depressed and ill, never have I heard my cousin tell her mother that she loved her. To my cousin having her mother live with her was a convenience to her because she always had a babysitter at hand. My cousin is a very unfit mother but that's awhole different story! My aunt constantly did things to see if her daughter would care, all my aunt wanted was for her daughter to love her and that was never the case. Her daughter is real piece of shit, see my aunt has been admitted to the ER on different occasions I knew that everytime she was admitted something had just gone wrong with them two. A couple years ago my aunt had surgery to clean I believe an infection that she had in her stomach well the doctor had attached her intestine to her stomach by accident, once this was discovered they couldn't go back in to undo the shit they had done. My aunt lived with this constant pain for years she became very addicted to pain medication, relaxers you name it she had it.

Her daughter then began to think of ways of getting rid of her mother she even had her put in the looney bin on one of these occasions. It killed me when I use to have to go visit her there I knew deep down inside that wasn't a place for her. It was so hard to get her out of there but we managed. If you have ever seen that movie Girl Interrupted thats exactly what it is like, no place that you want to be kept in. Doctor's then knew to call me before they use to call her daughter so that I could bet her to the ER so that my aunt wouldn't get admitted to crazy home.

Well they both decided to go their separate ways and move out, this is were things got crazy. Everytime I use to talk to my aunt she would talk about dying it was a constant battle with her telling her how much I loved her and I needed her here and it worked.

The last time I saw my aunt was at my wedding which was on January 15, 2005, it was at least month prior to me getting married that I had to talk her out of killing herself. I told her that I was tired of putting herself down because of her stupid daughter and I told her that I needed her to be at my wedding or there wasn't going to be a wedding then I told her that I wanted her around to throw me my baby shower, I needed her here to help me become one of the best hair dressers out there. (Deep Breath) She then felt a need to stick around. As I sat there with tears in my eyes after I had just talked to her I couldn't believe that someone has talented as her would want to die all because her daughter didn't love her. I don't go one day without calling my mother, even if she is mad at me and treats me like crap I still call.

On May 5, 2005 I received a phone call from my sister telling me that I needed to come home, because something bad had happened to aunt Lucy the night before. I started crying I knew that it wasn't good, I drove myself home don't ask me how. We went to the hospital at about 9:00 am my aunt had been hit by a car the night of the 4th. When the car hit her she flew and when she landed her head hit the curb first she died instantly but when something like this happens the doctor's still have to help save you so they did bring back a heart beat. It didn't matter anymore once we got there she was brain dead, she was bleeding internally, her body just laid there motion less, they kept a heated blanket on her until her heart gave up. I had so much anger inside I couldn't even look at her daughter she did put on a wonderful show tears and all. I know that it wasn't a good thing to say but all I could say to her was, "You must be happy your problem is gone now, you can not enjoy your life".

Yesterday was a rough day, I just couldn't write this on cinco de mayo. I couldn't believe that at my aunts funeral her own daughter didn't even know her favorite flowers nor her favorite song, sad but true.


If you know someone that is like my aunts daughter please feel free to share my story with them. Once your mother of loved one is gone you can't fix anything, and just let them know that You LOVE THEM!

I'm out (CRYING)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home